Tuesday, February 5, 2008

iNsPiRaTiOn ...........oR dEsPeRaTiOn?

So last night after Jason and I got home from work we had a lot of shoveling of snow to do so we got started. As we were finishing we notice the bishop comes walking out of his house and is walking towards us. My only thought was "Please don't ask us to speak in church, please please!" So the three of us share some small talk and then he looks at me and says "So Shana, we'd like extend a calling to you" and all I can think is "Thank goodness it's not about speaking" So he then says we would like you to be the Relief Society Chorister. I BUST up laughing because I'm soooooo not musically inclined. I said while laughing "I'd be happy to do it as long as the women don't mind watching me wave my hands around" and I asked him if he was sure he asked the right person. He then explains that there is a guide in the hymn book that I can refer to. Then my dear husband pipes up and tells the bishop that I'm a good singer (at this point I give Jason the look of death because I'm honestly NOT a good singer) and then the bishop asks me if I would be interested in singing a solo in sacrament!!!!!!!! WHAT THE HECK? While all this is happening Jason is thinking it's stinkin hilarious! So I tell the bishop a final yes about conducting, and that I would do whatever he wanted me to do. We say our goodbyes and the bishop turns around while walking away and says "Oh, Shana........... we will sustain you this Sunday and I will be sure to let you know if anyone votes against you" (with a big grin). So, needless to say, I've been doing some searching for some inspiration and found this video that gave me some good ideas.I've decided to just have fun with this calling and to just go nuts.

6 much appreciated comments:

Bonnie said...

Good luck with that new calling.
Please let me know if you pants ever fall down like his do :)

Hailey said...

Shana! That is hilarious!! I would die because I feel like I also have no musical talent at all. I know you'll do great but that story made me laugh. And I love the video. I can just see you!!!

The Real Fantastic Four said...

That is so funny!!! Good luck those releif society ladies can be viscious!:) That sounds like such a wierd calling to give to someone with no music background. You'll do good. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend! You need to get Jason back.

The Johnson's said...

Shana I should not have watched your video just after having a baby. That was hilarious but I am going to have to go lay down now. Good luck with the calling you will do awesome.

Sarah said...

So stinkin FUNNY! I wish I was in your R.S. so i could see you at work! hahaha

NT Weekes Family said...

FuN! For the R.S.... I wish I could see you on Sunday! -- You'll do fine! You totally need to get a stick! :o> The Bishop is just preparing you for Primary with all kids!-- Where you have to sing solos to teach the kids a song.... hmmm. I would take the R.S. :o>
Have FUN!!!