Friday, January 2, 2009

Should I ask him out on a date?

As I was thinking about what to do on New Years Eve I reflected back on the many New Years Eves that Jason and I would normally go to a movie or hang out with friends so this year would be different since we had Karli. Then I started to think of the last time Jason and I had done anything together alone and came to the conclusion that we had only gone on 1- that's right ONE date since Karli was born and that was for something we had to do for Jasons work. However I'm super picky about who watches her and I don't have a lot of family down here. My poor sister watches her when I go to work so I feel bad asking her and my mom works every Friday and Saturday night which is the only time Jason will stay out past his bedtime(The man needs like 10 hours of sleep I swear). Am I over protective or do you think it's normal?

10 much appreciated comments:

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Ha Ha you and I are way too much alike! Rich and I were talking the other day about this- we haven't gone out just the 2 of us since like May- ha ha!

Vickie said...

I don't think you're being too picky. There are very few people I trust with Audrey, and even them I worry about a little. I also think it's normal to just not go on dates the first year or so of your baby's life. (I'd be happy to watch her for you, if you'd like to go out on a Friday or Saturday. It'd get me out of the house and I'd love to play with Karli.)

Jennifer L said...

It's normal! It is not that I don't trust people to watch Kaeden, it is just that I don't think to not take him with us. I have a better time knowing that he is safe and sound, and happy when we take him with us.

Laurel said...

Ask him out...I'll watch her :)

The Todds said...

I think you are normal....my kids are getting big and I am still the same way. We have only stayed one night away from our kids and Luke is almost 8! Talk about paranoid!

The Allen's said...

I have to say that you are NORMAL! Most of us are very picky about who we leave our most valuable gifts with. It only gets worse the more children you have! Do try to go out as often as you can. You will learn to appreciate Karli must more just by having some time alone with Jason.

the dutson five said...

Hey Shana!
I want to buy some of your cute glass magnets from your Etsy shop! But, I thought you would rather do it outside of Etsy so you don't have to relist and pay the fees, right? Let me know...
And, don't worry, Steve and I never do a dang thing, cause I won't let anyone watch our kids. I'm getting to be okay with the girls, but there's no way I would leave Sam. Some day....

The Real Fantastic Four said...

I think it's totally normal to feel that way. I'm grateful that we live so close to family. I've never had anybody but family watch our kids and I don't know that anybody else will ever watch them.

Lindsey said...

It's totally normal, but I think you will get over it soon. I did anyway. I am fortunate to have a lot of family around, but I would use a YW from our church if I needed. Is there a girl that is 14ish? That is a good age. Not too young not totally bored by the little ones either. I leave Jax with my 12 year old. She would be a good sitter if you need one.

Kim said...

I don't blame you, it is hard to find someone outside of your family that you can trust. I would suggest asking some of the moms in the neighborhood who watches their kids and try and find someone that you can trust. There are a couple of really good babysitters right across the street from you ;).

KIM