Monday, December 22, 2008

tRaDiTiOnS

I feel like I have been such a laggard blogger lately but haven't really had anything significant happen so this post is open to all. In our family at Christmas we have a few traditions. I'm sure like many we get an orange in our stocking, my mom makes the best fudge (making a special batch just for me without nuts), we watch Chevy Chase's Christmas Vacation, and the most rewarding tradition is finding a family less fortunate to be a Secret Santa for. This year my younger sister and I have decided to start an annual book swap for Christmas instead of taking on the arduous task of finding the perfect gift for each other.

Now I'm curious to know what your family traditions are, if you have any? Don't be shy :)

6 much appreciated comments:

Brent and Jessica said...

Ours all revolves around food! YUM! Also we always open our stockings last on Christmas day. Merry Christmas!

Vickie said...

On Christmas Eve we have a big breakfast with Kent's Dad's family, and for my side we have a special breakfast at my mom's on Christmas morning. We're still trying to decide what we want to do with just us and our kids though, but I'm kind of thinking of doing cookies for Santa on Christmas Eve.

Lindsey said...

I love Christmas. I try to pack in as much as possible because it seems to come and go so fast. I do a paper chain for my kids to count down the days, but on each chain is an activity. It can get kind of crazy but I try to have all of our parties etc. planned out and I put those on the chain. Then we do sugar cookies, cocoa and movie, Sibling gift shopping, angel tree shopping, bingo etc. Sometimes I think of not doing it anymore but the kids love it and would be heartbroken.

Kim said...

May favorite tradition is my family, siblings and spouces and mom and dad, sit in front of the christmas tree and a roaring fire and read the christmas story from the bible. Then we open the family gifts and let the kids romp in the wrapping paper.

The Bown's said...

Hey guys, good to hear from you, so far Texas is okay, pretty lonely not knowing anyone, but I'm sure it will get better. Karli is a doll, I bet you guys are super excited about her first Christmas.

♥Shally said...

Congrats on your recent adoption!!

It really is the best thing ever. We are hoping to do it again.

Thanks for commenting on my blog, I always love meeting new people!