Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Adoption Update!



This last weekend we met the birth parents and LOVED both of them. We learned so much about them and are looking forward to keeping a relationship with them through this. Jason completely hit it off with the birth dad and they were talking non-stop the whole time. Kevin actually had to butt in to the conversation and end it so that we had time to meet our birth mom. She was adorable and so sympathetic to the whole situation. When Kevin asked her what her plans were as far as when she would notify us of the birth she just looked at me and said "I want you to be there, as soon as the baby's born and washed off you need to be the first one to hold him/her because there's a special bond and you need to be the one to experience that if you're going to be his/her mom."That made me melt because that's way more than I could ever ask for. So we will have our bags packed and ready to go since we will have a long drive ahead of us. I may have to drive since Jason drives like an old man behind the wheel. (I still love him dearly)At our face-to-face she told us that she had a Dr appt set up for yesterday for an ultrasound so for all who are wondering............................ we are getting a GIRL!!! From the ultrasound, everything looked good and she appeared healthy so cross your fingers that she is born healthy too. We have picked out a name but I think I will keep that for another post just to get you all coming back to my blog. LOL(If I have already told you the name, keep your lips sealed) :)

20 much appreciated comments:

Vickie said...

Congratulations!!!! This is so wonderful. I'm so so so happy for you and Jason! I can't wait to find out her name. The birth mom sounds great. I'm thrilled for you!!!

Debbie said...

So cute! I am so excited for you two!!! Please let me know if I can do a shower for you!!! Just wanted to let you know that I changed our blog address to debandbri.blogspot.com... I am so paranoid!

Hailey said...

I am so happy for you guys!! How fun to have met the birth parents and even more fun that she wants you guys there for your sweet baby's entrance into this world!! I am DYING to know the name though. It kills me when people say they know but want to keep it a secret!:) I just love hearing the little baby names!! Let us know if you need anything!

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

I am DYING to know the name- can't wait!! :) YAY!!! You will LOVE having a girl! It's so much fun!! I am so happy for you guys!! :)

Brent and Jessica said...

I am way happy for you guys. THis is really awesome and we will keep you guys and the baby in our prayers. Let us know if you need anything.

Bean said...

HOORAY!! Girls are so fun! (and they don't have to be little princesses) Is anyone throwing a shower for you or are they waiting til after you have the babe? Time to go shopping!! I gotta see you before you have this little one! PS-took care of the last name ;)

Rodgers clan said...

How fun. I'm so glad everything went so well, it all sounds like it's working out great. And a girl thats so exciting, let me know if you need anything. Cacia

The Real Fantastic Four said...

I'm so excited for you guys!!!:)
What an awesome experience this is turning out to be. So much better than expected. For those of you who don't know the name I'll rub it in just a little. It's perfect and a very beautiful name! ;)
Congrats you two!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Congrats! Sounds like the face to face couldn't have gone any better. I am excited for you guys!! And what great news that you will be there as soon as she is born! Yay!!! (Hey...and no prob about the last name, I took it off :)

Kristy said...

I can't believe you only have 3 more weeks left. I can't wait to see pictures of your little one!Let me know if there is anything you need., I would love to send a baby package and the kids would have fun helping me!

NT Weekes Family said...

Tom told me the goods news yesterday about you guys having a GIRL!!! But, I had to read the Blog too. :o>
~ Can't wait! ~
LoVe you!

meg 'n' rich said...

HOORAY! I knew everything would go well last weekend! I am so happy for you! And your having a GIRL!! How fun is that! I wouldn't know with my tribe of boys. I'll just have to live vicariously through you! I am so glad that she looks healthy, and that the birth mom wants you there! Congratulations!

The Johnson's said...

Congrats!!! We are so glad that everything is working out so great. Little Abbie will have a close cousin to play with! Please let us know if you need anything. You guys deserve the very best and we are glad that everything is turning out so well.

Sarah said...

CONGRATULATIONS! How exciting for you guys! I am so happy for you. Post the name I want to know the name.

Nikki said...

Shana - I was so excited to hear that everything went well for you guys. Congrats on the girl, that is so exciting. That's kinda funny about our anniversary. Have you guys been married 6 or 7 years? We actually got married in Vegas, so I am very jealous you guys were there celebrating! Hope you had fun...enjoy your last few weeks of just the two of you...everything is about to change, but it will be soooo worth it!

The Capson's said...

Oh my goodness. Shana, I am so excited for you guys. You are in our prayers. You are going to be the cutest mom. I would love to get in touch with you other than via blog. Drop me a line sometime if you have a moment. kecapson@yahoo.com. Good luck with everything in the next little while. What an incredible experience this is going to be for you guys.

The Allen's said...

I am so excited for both of you! We are looking forward to having another niece! This means you get to enjoy the moodiness of a girl:)! Wouldn't have it any other way! Jason needs a little princess! Not only that but it is soooo much fun to shop for girls!

Sum & Ben said...

I am dying for you!! This is so exciting!! The bow ladies name is Tina Bird. She lives right up by the school. I can give you her number so that you can go over to look at them. She has a lot of different styles and kinds to choose from, and they are the cheapest that I have found!! You are going to love having a little girl, they are soooo fun!! Congrats!! -Summer

Laurel said...

Congratulations you two! I'm so excited for you and glad that everything went well with the birth parents! I'm so glad Sienna will have a little friend up the street! :)

Bean said...

K, you need to hurry up and do your post on the name dangit! I'm dyin to find out! I keep checkin and I get nothin new.