Sunday, March 30, 2008

Registering



So yesterday I decided since we knew we were getting a girl I thought I should head over to Target and register since I've had a lot of people ask me if I have yet. Oh my gosh, who would have ever known it could be sooooo fun? If anyone can think of "must-haves" that I may not have thought of, please let me know! I can't wait to meet this spoiled little baby!

10 much appreciated comments:

Nicole W. said...

Congratulations on a girl, I am so excited for you both. Shana, I know you were a little nervous meeting the parents, I am so happy you both hit it off well with them. Shana, I'm sure you have experienced shopping for a baby girl is so much fun. This last weekend Caleb and I went to the baby expo, it was ok, but the hair accessories were so much fun. You mentioned "must-haves", with Jackson, I could never have enough burp clothes, receiving blankets, and Layettes. I really am happy for both of you, what an exciting time.
again congrats!
Nicole Workman

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Definately bibs and burp cloths. I have a ton! Addison tends to use them like crazy!!! :) Also, onesies. Sometimes I have to change her onesies a couple times a day... you never know- lol! :)

Vickie said...

This is SO exciting. I love that you registered!

I would add Spray n'wash to your list. Your sweet little baby will have a lot of blowouts! lol. And did you have bath towels on your registry? I looked at it but don't remember seeing towels or washcloths. And something I've enjoyed doing is writing in a journal once a month about all the things Audrey did that month. Diaper rash stuff is something else you'll need (I recommend Butt paste--best stuff ever!). And I agree with your other friends--burp cloths!! Kent liked the cloth diapers for burp cloths because they covered most of his shoulder. If he used the other smaller ones he'd always end up changing his shirt. The other thing I'd recommend is a diaper genie. I didn't believe in them until Audrey started eating solid foods, then it became essential! Her room would smell so bad. After that I was converted. :)

NT Weekes Family said...

Tom & I bought the 12 (24? -- a lot of them) pack of white hand towles at Costco when #2 baby came into our lives & she spit up too! They have been the best investment! They always wash up nice.. & are always soft. :o>
You'll always find something you "have to have" thoughout the months! ~ Have FuN!
~ Nickelle
PS Tom & the kids & I are going to try & come down sometime to see the new little one when she gets here!

The Allen's said...

You will soon learn that a bleach pen will be your best friend! I have learned that I can never have enough OXY stain remover. It works better for me then most any stain remover I have used. Since you will be formula feeding, you will soon learn that it stains like nothing else! As a mother of twins who were both formula feed I can speak from experience. Having a baby is sooo worth the expensive stained little outfits.

Sum & Ben said...

My favorite thing ever, that unfortunately I didn't discover until my fourth child, is the Bumbo!! It is the most amazing thing ever!! Lucy spends a lot of her time in there, and she has since she was old enough to hold her head up!! It is nice because you just set it up on the counter, so the baby gets to watch everything that you are doing, but you don't have to be holding her all of the time!! Like when you are cooking it is especially nice!! It is wonderful... Come by and see mine if you are wondering what it is, Lucy can demonstrate it for you!! Good Luck! Any news on the date?

Bean said...

I could go on and on about must-haves but I'll just give ya a few that I've loved that aren't on your registry. Read the book "On Becoming Babywise" (this is my #1 advice. Jules was sleeping through the night at 5 weeks because of this book, it is THE lifesaver!!), The Ultimate Crib Sheet, A SleepSack, and a Bundle Me (for the Winter). Keep the updates coming!!

The Goughs said...

Shana,
Holy Cow! I can't believe this...it's turning out the way you wanted it to...I couldn't be happier for you. A baby Girl - Let me just say that you are going to love it! WEll, it looks like you already do. It's amazing how things end up working out. Congratulations on your upcoming baby girl. Nichole

Kristy said...

Holy Cow almost 1 weeks left! I am so excited for you. How do I get into the target registry to see what you have registered for?

The Halls said...

I know you don't know me, but I got to your blog through Amy Todds blog and anyway...I had to chime in with the must haves...I recommend lots and I mean lots of Infant and Children's Tylenol and Motrin. Give it to your baby before you take her to get shots...it will save your life. Good luck!