Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tribute to my dad.



Today is the 10 yr anniversary of my dad being hit by a train. It's a day that our family likes to celebrate because our dear old dad survived this monster accident. We know that he has a special purpose being here and that he surely has (at least) 9 lives. Even though this accident has changed his life in so many ways, we're so glad he's still around. Even if he did turn a little cuckoo from it. :) The picture of him in the hospital is with his buddy "Joe" that survived the accident with him. They both broke their necks together- 2 peas in a pod.I also thought I would post a picture of his most recent close call. The bottom picture is of a cement rake that flew off a semi trailer and went right into the windshield of the truck he was driving. You may have to look closely at the windshield. Maybe we shouldn't let my dad drive anymore. Joking but we love you dad!

5 much appreciated comments:

The Real Fantastic Four said...

Holy crap! That's all I have to say about that!! He definetly has been lucky that's for sure. I like your dad he's hilarious. I'm glad he's still around. :)

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Oh my!! He definately has 9 lives :) Those pictures are crazy! I am glad he is okay!

NT Weekes Family said...

ok, you freaked me out with the pictures in the begining... I don't read right away.-- Obvioulsy!
Their is a reason your dad is still here... Yes, he is funny!

Sarah said...

Oh my gosh. HOw scary are those pictures! GEEZ! I would say he has 9 lives!

Kristy said...

I can't believe that was 10 years ago! I still remember my parents telling me about it when it happened. Your dad is one lucky man!