Saturday, April 26, 2008

It's about time!



I finally have a blog worthy update! I know you all are probably wondering what the heck is going on, well me too. We hadn't really heard any news or updates on how our birth mom was for the last couple weeks until tonight. Kevin called and said he had talked to her and she had gone to the hospital last night because of having a lot of contractions (which ended up being braxton hicks) and really bad back pain. The Dr checked her out, said she wasn't dilated but for some other reason said it looks like she will most likely deliver in the next two days. She has a Dr appt on Tues so her Dr said IF she hasn't delivered by then he will induce her on Weds!!!!!! She also told Kevin to tell us that she's really excited for us. How sweet is she!!! Also our birth dad called in to the agency to tell Kevin that he is going to send us some pictures. I'm excited for that because when we met both of them he seemed way too nervous for us to take pictures so I don't have any to show Karli what her birth dad looks like but we did take some of our birth mom. I can't wait!!! The anticipation is killing me! So moral of the story is: NO LATER than Wednesday we will be parents! YIKES!!

12 much appreciated comments:

Nikki said...

Yea!!!That is exciting news...I hope all goes well. Best wishes to the almost new parents. You are going to be an incredible mom I'm sure :)

Debbie said...

I have been waiting for the good news!!! I can't wait for you guys.. finally the anticipation is over... Good luck and let me know if you need anything!

Deb'nDJ said...

That's so exciting, Shana! You'll soon have to change the name of your blog! :) Best of luck with everything! It'll be so fun to see the next few blog posts from you guys. Enjoy the moments!!!
Deborah

Vickie said...

That's awesome!!! I'm so glad there's a plan and you know for sure when you'll get to see her. So exciting!

NT Weekes Family said...

My little Sisters Birthday is on Wed. :o) -- Good day to have a Birthday!!

I will be thinking about you guys these next few days.... AHHH
F-I-N-A-L-L-Y!!!!!
Drive safe!

LoVe you TWO... SOON TO BE THREE!
~ Tom & Nickelle

Sum & Ben said...

Ahhhh... I am dying for you!! You better take your lap top with you to get her so that you can keep us all updated... This is sooo exciting! Karli is a lucky little gal to have such great parents that are so excited for her to be here!! Good Luck, and let me know if you need anything! -Summer-

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Yay...the waiting game is over!! I am thrilled for you both!! Shana...you will be such a cute and great mother!! Can't wait to meet little Karli!!

Laurel said...

That's the best news ever!!! I bet Wednesday can't get here fast enough! We are so so so excited for you guys!

Unknown said...

I am so excited for you guys. Good luck with everything. This is going to be such a wonderful week for you guys. Take your camera and tons of pics.

zfam said...

That is so great to hear! I am thrilled for all of you. We can't wait to meet little karli and hope she has a safe delivery. We will be thinking of you!

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

Oh Shana I am SO EXCITED!!!! Keep me updated!!! Love ya!! :)

Rodgers clan said...

yeah I'm so excited for you guys, the wait is almost over, then you get to hug & kiss that little one all you want. Best of luck with everything, can't wait to see pics. Cacia