Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Jumping on the bandwagon


With the recent release of the 4th book to this saga I have finally given in to the peer pressure of reading this series. I remember when it first came out and people told me it was about a vampire I immediately lost interest and couldn't stay tuned to whatever else they were adding to try to convince me to read it. I admit it is a fun read so far and can't wait to finish all 4. My goal is to read them all before the "Twilight" movie comes out in December. Ya know... because I have so much free time with a newborn and all. :) I was in a book club with some gals in the neighborhood but I think they unanimously kicked me out since I haven't been there lately so now I will dedicate however long it takes to read about this dreamy Edward guy. Wish me luck!

11 much appreciated comments:

Vickie said...

I was the same way for a long time. Then a friend of mine was telling me to read them and when I said I would wait until I could borrow one she insisted on leaving my house that instant to go buy Twilight for me. lol. I think you'll enjoy them. They're at least entertaining.

It was so fun seeing you last week. Karli is so sweet. Can't wait for this Saturday!

The Todds said...

You crack me up! You will love the books! I read them and thats huge for me...Im not a reader.

Kristy said...

I promise you won't be disappointed! I just finished Breaking Dawn on Sunday and loved it!

Addison, Crew, Carter & Canon's Mama said...

So many people are telling me the same things regarding these books, I really need to get into these!

Kim said...

I really liked the books, they're an easy read and entertaining. I wouldn't expect an amazingly writen novel, but it was fun to read.

Amanda said...

Oh you will love them. I just finished Breaking Dawn today and loved it. I didn't know about them until like 3 months ago. I promise you'll be able to finish them all before December. Happy reading!

Amanda said...

And p.s. how do you know Kim? She is my best friend's sister-in-law! What a small world!

The Capson's said...

YOU WILL LOVE these books. They are soooo good. I thought they sounded lame at first. Vampires? Really? I don't think so. But now I'm hooked. I finished the first three in a week (I was at Lake Powell) and then just finished the 4th in a week. They are written so well. The movie looks like it will be really good too. I hope everything is going well and that cute Karli is doing good. I miss seeing you. Did Nancy leave Lakeview? I haven't been for so long. Drop me a line sometime, we should go to lunch or something.
Talk to you later.
Kristen

Nickelle said...

I'm in the same boat as you! i plan on reading all of them before the movie comes out too! I just know that I have to seclude my self for like a week to read all of them.. so I 've been told-- so I'm preparing meals & freezing them & staying on top of house work so I'm not too far behind when the books & I become one! :o) lol Good LuCk!

Lindsey said...

I totally ignored my kids for 8 days while I read the first 3. Then I had to wait three months for Breaking Dawn and now I'm sad that it's all over. I don't think it will be a problem for you to get them done by Dec. You will get sucked in and not be able to put them down.
Karli is darling. She is so big already!

The Goughs said...

Heck no...you didn't get kicked out of Book Club...someone probably didn't have your email. I will forward the info onto you. Anyway, Are you liking the books? Where are you now in them?
I can't believe your reading them...I love it!
Karli is getting so big. This is a cute age too.